Is Digestive Freedom Plus really as good as people are claiming it is? Is it really the cure to just about any digestive issue? Or is this all a scam that is just going to be a waste of your money?
It seems that everyone out there is claiming that this product is amazing. I've read through several reviews and most of them have nothing bad to say.
However, doesn't it sound a little bit too good to be true?
Anyways… I thought it did so I decided to do a little more research and find out whether or not Digestive Freedom Plus really is as good as people were saying.
In this review I'll be going over what exactly Digestive Freedom Plus is, the ingredients and whether or not they actually work, complaints and more.
If you are thinking about buying this supplement, you are definitely going to want to read this over first.
But before I get into the review, I first want to go over the sales pitch that I came across for this product and some red flags I noticed, which made me suspicious that it might be a scam.
The Sales Pitch:
There are probably a bunch of different promotional materials out there, but what I came across had a headline which I took a screenshot of here…
In the sales pitch they tell you that some "renegade" doctor discovered some new remedy for the entire digestive system.
You are told that antacids, laxatives, fiber… that none of this works. HOWEVER, I beg to differ. All 3... antacids, laxatives, and fiber are well proven to work and can be extremely helpful for a number of digestive issues.
Are they going to work for every single digestive issue out there? Of course not, but they definitely DO WORK, contrary to what they tell you in the sales pitch.
The sales pitch then goes on to claim that there are 4 lies that are preventing your stomach problems from getting better…
- Lie 1 - "Heartburn is caused by too much acid in your stomach"
- Lie 2 - "Fiber and laxatives are good for constipation"
- Lie 3 - "A good probiotic will solve your digestive problems"
- Lie 4 - "Your digestive problems are because you don't watch what you eat"
But are these really lies?
Again... This is misleading.
These are definitely NOT lies as they tell you.
Basically what this sales pitch is doing is trying to make you believe that the entire medical establishment is out to get you. They are painting the medical establishment as the bad guys and of course they (Patriot Health Alliance which is the company behind this product) are the good guys.
They try to prove that these are 4 "lies" by citing some research studies that appear to suggest such… HOWEVER, it is very easy to find information online that would prove these are not lies as well.
You always find varying information. One research study may suggest that heartburn is caused by too much of stomach acid, while another may suggest otherwise.
In the sales pitch they are taking advantage of this and acting as if you are being lied to, which is simply not true.
Other Red Flags:
Some other red flags that I came across in the sales pitch include the fact that the testimonial images they show are not real, meaning they are not the people who they claim they are.
For example: The woman pictured below is supposedly named "Cindy G". And supposedly her "acid reflux… has improved". However... As you can see below I was able to find that the image they use for her is not actually her. It is a stock photo that anyone can purchase and use online…
And this testimonial image is also a fake. I was able to find it on some random website as you can see here…
* By the way, I was able to find this out by doing a reverse Google image search, not that it's important.
But anyways… Let's get on to the review. Sure, there are some red flags in the sales pitch that make me a bit suspicious, but this definitely does not mean it is a scam.
Digestive Freedom Plus Review
- Name: Digestive Freedom Plus
- Type: Digestive aid supplement
- Manufacturer: Patriot Health Alliance
- Recommended?: Somewhat. More on this.
- Where to Buy: Click Here
Digestive Freedom Plus is a digestive aid supplement, mainly for people over the age of 50. It it is promoted as "not a one trick pony" and can...
- Help your body digest food
- Help get your bowels moving
- Help promote healthy gut bacteria
- And more
... which can lead to higher energy levels and overall better health.
Although I was suspicious beforehand, and the sales pitch made me more suspicious, this supplement seems to decent. It attacks digestive problems from multiple angles and definitely has some potential.
The company behind it, Patriot Health Alliance, is located in Nashville Tennessee and supposedly donates a portion of their earnings to aid our troops and veterans. They also make the popular Patriot Power Greens as well as Patriot Flex.
Do The Ingredients Really Work?
So obviously if we want to find out if the supplement actually works, we have to take a look at the ingredients that are in it.
- Claim - Good for constipation
- I was able to find information backing up this claim. Apparently this herb has been used for medicinal reasons for thousands of years.
- According to WebMD it is also used for treating heartburn, flatulence, and thing very different such as arthritis, insomnia and more.
- Claim - Stops gas and bloating
- This is also true. Peppermint has a known soothing effect and is even used by people suffering from IBS. It can sooth inflammation and lessen problems such as gas and bloating.
- There is a good 2016 study published in Digestive Diseases and Sciences that found peppermint to provide safe and rapid relief of IBS symptoms.
- Milk Thistle
- Claim - Stops heartburn
- While there is a lack of evidence, milk thistle has been used as a traditional medicine for treating things like heartburn for many years.
- Claim - Fights free radicals that can lead to diarrhea and constipation
- This is an ingredient that I am very familiar with. It comes from turmeric which has grown increasingly popular for health reasons. Curcumin is high in antioxidants that fight off free radicals.
- Marshmallow Root
- Claim - Soothes digestive tract
- This can sooth irritation and inflammation in the digestive tract.
- A 2010 study in Journal of Ethnopharmacology provided evidence backing its traditional use of treating irritated mucous membranes.
- Claim - Stops bloating
- This is used for everything from heartburn, bloating, gas, stomach cramps and more. It is even used in mouthwashes and likely can help with IBS symptoms. The use of this dates back thousands of years in traditional Persian medicine.
And the following ingredients also have proven benefits. I'm not going to go into detail on all of them, but you are more than welcome to look them up for yourself.
- Lemon Balm
- Iberis Amara
Proven Ingredients? Yes
However, I will still say that I do think this product is "over-hyped" a bit. Yes, many of the ingredients are "proven" but there is also a lack of hard scientific evidence backing some of the claims.
Also... there is a problem.
One of the problems that I see with this supplement, which I think you should know, is the fact that they do not state the amount of each ingredient included. They simply state that it contains a "proprietary blend".
This is a pretty big deal because, while many of these ingredients "can" be effective, they need to be taken at the right dosage.
Hopefully we can trust the manufacturer to put in the right amounts of each ingredient.
Also, this "proprietary blend" thing is something that you see quite often. It doesn't necessarily mean that they are trying to hide information from customers. Often times they just don't want to reveal their "secret formula" because then other companies can copy it.
What I Like About Digestive Freedom Plus
No Side Effects
One of the big upsides to a product like this is that it is 100% natural and is very unlikely to produce any negative side effects. Now of course it is always recommended that you consult with your doctor, but generally speaking the majority of people are not going to have any problem taking this.
Also, they made sure not to include things that commonly cause allergies. There is…
- No gluten
- No diary
- No wheat
- No soy
- No egg
- No fish
- No shellfish
- No nuts
- No artificial ingredients or dyes
Very Easy to Take
Another upside is that Digestive Freedom Plus is extremely easy to take. It comes in a dropper bottle and you can easily add a few drops to a glass of water, some juice, and so on. Or you can put the drops on your tongue directly.
You don't have to worry about swallowing large pills or anything like that, which I know many people have trouble with.
Attacks Problems from Multiple Angles
This supplement attacks digestive issues from many different angles, which is the reason it is "not a one trick pony" as they say. It has many ingredients that can benefit the digestive system in many ways.
It could provide relief to someone who has constipation, someone who has diarrhea, someone who has acid reflux, etc. Now of course there is no guarantee that it is going to work for you, but it could very well be possible.
The cost depends on how many bottles you buy. Right now you can buy one bottle for $49.95 or they also have a special going where you can buy 5 bottles for $149, which is obviously the better deal...
But who knows… This could just be a marketing stunt.
200% Money-back Guarantee
They claim to offer a whopping 200% money back guarantee. Yes, a 200% moneyback guarantee!
How is this even possible? I have no idea.
I guess they must really believe in their product or else they make it very difficult for you to get your money back. They state on the website that in order to get a 200% moneyback guarantee you have to mail back the unused bottles and send a one page note explaining why you want your money back.
Conclusion - Scam or Not?
Digestive Freedom Plus is not a scam the way I see it. While the promotional material out there is a little bit "over-hyped" and makes it seem like the greatest thing that has ever blessed this earth, it definitely does have potential to treat a variety of digestive issues.
I still have concerns with the fact that the amounts of each ingredient are not listed, but like I said, hopefully you can trust the company behind it.
If you do want to purchase Digestive Freedom Plus you can do so on the official website here.
You should also know that there may be cheaper alternative digestion aids. Amazon is a good place to find other options.
I hope you enjoyed my review and found it helpful. Please leave any comments or questions down below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can 🙂